One mile south of Haddington, Lennoxlove House is a historic building described by Historic Scotland as “one of Scotland’s most ancient and notable houses”. Standing in the middle of an extensive estate, it comprises a 15th-century tower, originally known as Lethington Tower, which has been extended several times to create a stately home now containing the Dukes of Hamilton collection of pictures, furniture and porcelain. Mary Queen of Scots’ death mask is also on show at Lennoxlove, as are her famous letter casket and other mementoes. Since 1946 Lennoxlove has been the family home of the Dukes of Hamilton.
Find out more here.